Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher and Google Podcasts
We’ve all been told our whole lives that we shouldn’t be selfish, but what if selfish isn’t a bad thing at all? What if “Selfish” is just another word for self regard? I’m exploring this concept today with my guest, life and conversation coach Claudette Gadsden. We talk about reframing the way we think about selfishness and self care and what happens when you always put other people’s needs in front of your own. Claudette shares some strategies for dealing with demanding people in your life and making space for your own desires.
Claudette Gadsden is a life, business and conversation coach with many Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) training certifications. She helps both individual and corporate clients deal with inner dialogue and workplace communication. Claudette has a passion for helping people by teaching them new skills, identifying barriers, and guiding them in the journey of overcoming them. With her strong focus on customer service, Claudette is also the proprietor of the Temple In the Woods Bed & Breakfast. This quiet oasis is where she hosts her VIP Coaching Experiences.
In this episode, we cover:
- Selfishness vs. Selflessness
- Setting boundaries to take care of yourself
- The dangers of being a people-pleaser
- Why pleasing yourself can be a win-win
- How to handle draining people
- Why you need to learn how to stand up yourself
- Finding the gray areas of decision making
- Why making choices doesn’t get easier as we get older
Links and resources mentioned during this episode:
- Visit Claudette’s website, Coach Claudette
- Connect with Claudette on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Connect with Carla on Facebook and Instagram
- Liking the show? Leave a review!
Work with Carla:
- Book a free consultation to learn more about Carla’s personalized nourishment plans
- Book Carla to speak at your next health and wellness event!